Friday, March 18, 2011

Wave Shy

Mavericks 3-10-11

Blue Wave
Perfect
Blue ocean wave
Rolling past
Repeatedly

Will I swim for the big wave?
I swim,skilled
Stupid, Naive
Risk

I wonder how long the pros wait
Hoping to catch the big wave
How far out will they swim?
Alone
Maybe I hold the new record.

Do they always return-Uninvited to the sea
Or does the sea call them?
Do they ever catch the big wave
I doubt it

So who surfs
Anyone
Bueller?
The ocean knows it's force
Mystery soul

Deep Waves words
flowing as the current shifts
In tune
Earth's jukebox

Controlled from the dark
Cold
Ocean floor
Rocks and
Moon, Overpowering gravity and force

I ride the wave and crash
My face slammed into the sand
I break my back on the reef
I churn in the surge


Under I go, washing up on shore
Defeated but not drowning-Alive
Reverence
powerful
wave
and sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment